Hamas Was Not Responsible At All for
Abduction and Murder of 3 Israeli Teens, Which Was Used as Excuse to the
Israeli Criminal War on Gaza
New Reports Show That Murder of 3 Israeli Teenage Settlers
Was Not Carried Out by Hamas
Saturday July 26, 2014 22:46 by Celine Hagbard - IMEMC News
The alleged kidnapping and murder of three Israeli settlers, in late
June, was the oft-cited reason for Israel’s escalation against the Hamas
government in the Israeli-occupied Gaza Strip. But
new evidence indicates that Hamas was not
responsible at all for the murders, according to reporters who
spoke with Israeli police.
Mass abduction of Hamas officials in
June (image by karachireports.wordpress.com)
The order of events,
taking into consideration that Israeli raids of the West Bank and
shooting of Gazan fishermen have been daily occurrences for years, began
with the disappearance of three Israeli teenagers, from a colony built
on Palestinian land in the West Bank, on June 12th.
weeks following, Israeli forces
rampaged through the West
Bank, abducting legislators, politicians, and virtually anyone who
was publicly associated with the political party Hamas (a Palestinian
political party whose armed wing has, in the past, claimed
responsibility for attacks against both Israeli soldiers and Israeli
civilians), taking over 900 people into custody. Hamas officials
vehemently denied any connection with the disappearance of the settlers.
challenged the campaign of mass abductions as a violation of
It should be noted that the raids against
Hamas officials came within a month after the Palestinian Authority
announced the formation of
a unity government that included both the more militant Hamas party
and the Fateh party, which has long acted as an arm of the Israeli
occupation government in the West Bank. Israeli officials had voiced
alarm at this development, as it represented a unification between
Palestinian factions that had long been divided. The U.S. government had
even announced that it would consider working with the unity government
(see here and
here), raising alarm
among Israeli officials who had tried to discredit the Palestinian
After the teens’ bodies were found on June 30th,
Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu stated unequivocally, "They
were kidnapped and murdered in cold blood by animals in human form.
Hamas is responsible, and Hamas will pay” for their disappearance. He
did not, however, present any evidence to support this claim. Six weeks
later, after the abduction and torturous interrogation of hundreds of
Palestinians in the West Bank, there has still been no evidence
presented that shows Hamas involvement – or even the involvement of any
Palestinians at all – in the deaths of the three youth.
on Friday, July 25th, BBC reporter Jon Donnison published on Twitter a
series of statements from a conversation he had with the Israeli police
spokesperson, Micky Rosenfeld.
Donnison wrote, “Israeli police
MickeyRosenfeld tells me men who killed 3 Israeli teens def[initely]
lone cell, Hamas affiliated but not operating under leadership … Seems
to contradict the line from Netanyahu government.”
He also wrote
that Rosenfeld told him, “Israeli police spokes Mickey Rosenfeld also
said if kidnapping had been ordered by Hamas leadership, they'd have
known about it in advance.”
In addition to implying that Israel
has moles within the leadership of the Hamas party, this statement also
draws into question the stated justification for Israel’s offensive into
Gaza, which has already claimed up to 1,000 lives.
This is not
the first time that Israeli officials have admitted that they do not
believe Hamas was behind the disappearance and subsequent deaths of the
teens. On June 15th, Sheera Frenkel of Buzzfeed reported, “The
kidnapping of three Israeli teenagers was likely carried out by a small
group of militants with no direct orders from Hamas, ISIS, or any other
regional terror group, said senior Israeli and Palestinian officials
Sunday. ‘What we do know, is that this was likely an opportunistic move.
The men behind this may have ties to a larger terror group, but this
does not have the markings of a well-planned, complex operation,’ One
Israeli officer, based in the West Bank, told BuzzFeed. ‘It makes it
more difficult to find them if there isn’t a larger trail of
intelligence to sniff out.’”
Most analysts familiar with the
issue say that the ongoing Israeli offensive in Gaza has nothing to do
with the three teens (or the subsequent increase in Palestinian
resistance shelling that followed the Israeli raids and abductions of
800 Hamas-affiliated people in the West Bank), but was meant to
challenge the Palestinian Authority’s unity government.
Shin Bet Admits Failure to Find 3 Missing Teens
Saturday July 05, 2014 01:56 by Chris Carlson - 1 of International
Middle East Media Center Editorial Group
Shin Bet has admitted their failure to come up with any positive
conclusion regarding the whereabouts of the alleged ‘abduction’ of the
three Israeli settlers in Hebron.
Israeli soldiers during a
search operation to locate the three missing teenagers, in the village
of Halhul, near the West Bank town of Hebron, on June 29, 2014.
Photographer: Hazem Bader/AFP via Getty Images
According to Al
Ray, Israeli journalist Ben Caspit quoted an official from the Israeli
security service as saying that they failed in its mission to find the
abductees and that an operation should have been frustrated in its
two young men who were held in Israeli prisons in the past and
should have been well under surveillance before the operation," he said.
Three Israeli teens, one said to be holding US citizenship,
were reported missing late
on Thursday, June 12, somewhere between Gush Etzion settlement bloc and
the Alon Shvut settlement.
In the weeks that followed, Israel
launched an extensive and continuing series of arrest raids and military
assaults across the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, in which
over 600 Palestinians,
including political officials were arrested, aorund 170 of which were
placed under administrative detention, without charge or hope for a
The bodies of the three missing settlers
were uncovered near Halhoul,
north of Hebron, over two weeks later, in a field not far from where
they reportedly went missing.
Hundreds of Palestinians have been
injured in ongoing clashes, since the bodies tuned up. Thirteen
Palestinians have been killed since June 12.
From the first
reports of the alleged abduction, Israel quickly pointed to Islamist
political faction Hamas in naming a target suspect. Hamas has
persistently denied the accusations and evidence to suggest that Hamas
or any other Palestinian group or individual was behind the teens'
disappearance has never been presented.
"This operation was not
the result of chance, it took long to plan for," the official was
further quoted as saying.
High Level Plan Behind Missing Settlers
Monday June 16, 2014 19:54 by Chris Carlson - 1 of International
Middle East Media Center Editorial Group
Military correspondent and defense analyst for Israeli paper Haaretz,
Amos Harel, claims that the case of the missing three Israeli settlers
is an abduction performed at a high level of planning and strict
The missing settlers
reflects a level of planning and performance that is exceptional
compared to previous abduction attempts. The attack is reminiscent of
the carefully planned abduction of two Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah on
Israel’s northern border in 2006," he said.
According to a report
by Al Ray, Harel believes that the "kidnappers" received a gift they
hadn’t expected -- nearly six hours of total quiet before Israeli
security forces launched a search operation.
There have been
other serious attacks in the region which were never solved. To be noted
are the killing of Givati soldier Gal "Gavriel" Kobi, last October, and
the killing of Israel Police Chief Supt. Baruch Mizrahi, on Passover
eve, in April.
According to Harel, the two incidents show similar
characteristics: "the doers prepared an escape route in advance and
immediately went underground."
No Palestinian faction has claimed
the responsibility for the incident.
Emir Bouchbot, a
correspondent for Walla's website has quoted a senior Israeli army
officer as saying that "the scenario that the army feared is that the
kidnapping cell could hide in a secret bunker announcing the state of
'temporary death', giving the political leaders the chance to sign a
swap deal with Israel."
He alleges that the military wing of
Hamas carried out the operation outside of the political level. However,
the problem is keeping the abductees and holding negotiations at the
Military analyst for Hayoum, Yoav Limor, had ruled out
the possibility of attacking Hamas leaders in Gaza, saying that it would
set off armed conflict in which Hamas rockets would target central
Media sources report that, in the last two days, Israel
has now detained over 150 Palestinians in the West Bank, in its search
for the three missing settlers.