Mission & Name
US Foreign Policy (Dr. El-Najjar's Articles)
Editorial Note: The
following news reports are summaries from original sources. They may
also include corrections of Arabic names and political terminology.
Comments are in parentheses.
1875 Palestinians Killed, 9567 Injured,
5500 Houses Destroyed Completely, 30,000 Houses Destroyed Partially by
the Savage Israeli War on Gaza, as of August 5, 2014
The savage and unprovoked Israeli
terrorist war on Gaza Strip resulted in 1875 deaths for Palestinians,
most of whom were civilians, particularly children, women, and elderly.
Israeli terrorist attacks also resulted in more than 9,567 injured
people, about 30% of them will be crippled for life.
terrorist was on Gaza also left about 5,500 houses completely destroyed
and more thatn 30,000 houses which are partially destroyed.
was an initial report from various media sources, as of August 5, 2014.
Israel's offensive on Gaza has left some 1,875 Palestinians
dead, over 80 percent of them civilians
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) --
The Israeli assault in Gaza has caused severe damage to the
infrastructure in Gaza. Over 10,000 houses, government buildings,
universities, mosques, and schools were damaged in a month-long assault.
Also Tuesday, three remaining members of a Palestinian
delegation negotiating a longer-term truce in Gaza were on their way to
Cairo after entering Egypt through the Rafah crossing, state media
Israel and Hamas halted their fighting in Gaza from 8
a.m. Tuesday after a three-day temporary truce brokered by Cairo went
Israel also withdrew its troops from the coastal
The three Palestinian leaders who entered Egypt were
Islamic Jihad member Khalid Al-Batsh and senior Hamas officials Khalil
Al-Haya and Emad El-Alamy, said the official MENA news agency.
joint Palestinian delegation representing President Mahmoud Abbas'
Palestinian Authority, Hamas and Islamic Jihad has been in Cairo for the
past few days at Egypt's invitation.
Israel earlier refused to
send its negotiators, but an official said Tuesday that a team
representing it was on its way to Cairo.
The main demands
proposed to Egyptian mediators by the Palestinian delegation are a
ceasefire, the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza, the end of the
siege of the enclave, and opening its border crossings.
also demanded fishing rights up to 12 nautical miles off Gaza's coast
and the release of Palestinian prisoners demanded by Hamas and Abbas.
Egyptian mediators are to forward these demands to the Israelis.
Israel's offensive on Gaza has left some
1,875 Palestinians dead, over 80 percent of them civilians,
according to the Palestinian Center for Human Rights.
Gaza's deputy economy minister Taysir Amro said Tuesday that
the assault has caused at least $4-6 billion in damages.
Sixty-four Israeli soldiers and three Israeli civilians have been
The majority of those killed in Gaza are civilians,
according to UN agencies.
AFP contributed to this report.
Child found alive 4 days after family members killed in Gaza
August 4, 2014
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) –
Family relatives of four-year-old Yamin Abu Jabir found him alive in
hospital after they spent four days looking for his dead body with the
belief that he was killed along with the rest of his family.
relatives were killed by an Israeli airstrike at their home in al-Bureij
refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip.
Muhammad Jabir Abu, a
cousin of Yamin’s father, said he believed that the child was dead under
the rubble, but he was confused as bulldozers failed to find the child’s
body after digging in the rubble for four days.
Moving from one
hospital to another across the Gaza Strip, relatives finally found Yamin
on the fifth day at Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. His face was wrapped
with a white cloth and his hand was set in plaster, but fortunately a
relative approached him and recognized him.
that his cousin’s family were gathered on Tuesday, the second day of the
Eid al-Fitr holiday, in an attempt to create a positive atmosphere which
could soften the tension and fear caused by the ongoing Israeli
airstrikes everywhere in the coastal enclave.
However, he added,
the good moments were interrupted by an Israeli missile which killed 22
members of the family leaving four-year-old Yamin alone as he turned out
to be the only survivor.
Neighbors and ambulance service officers
who hurried to evacuate the victims took Yamin to the Al-Aqsa Martys
Hospital in Dair El-Balah where he was admitted to an intensive care
He was then transferred to Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City
by a young volunteer Muhammad Abu Zaid who escorted him and remained
attached to him hoping that some relative would recognize him.
“When Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital was bombarded, and chaos prevailed
amongst medical staffs, I grabbed the child on my own and took him to
Shifa Hospital,” he said.
Abu Zeid highlighted that medics wrote
the word “unidentified” on Yamin’s file because nobody came to ask about
The Israeli savage war on Gaza has claimed the lives of
about 400 children in addition to thousands who were injured.
Israel Continues Attacks in Southern and Central Gaza,
Tuesday August 05, 2014 01:17 by Celine Hagbard - IMEMC News
On Monday afternoon, Israeli attacks in different parts of Gaza
continued – despite a unilateral declaration by Israel that they would
pause their attacks for 7 hours on Monday. At least 30 people were
killed by Israeli forces on Monday, with attacks taking place in all
parts of the Gaza Strip.
An additional two Palestinians were
killed by Israeli forces Monday evening. They were identified as:
Fayiz Ismail Abu Hamad, 34, Khan Younis.
Salih Ahmad Al-Ghouti,
In Rafah, an Israeli airstrike took the lives of two
siblings, who were identified as:
Mohammad Amjad Uwaida’, age 12, and
Amal Amjad Uwaidha’, age 5.
Another shelling in Rafah killed one person and wounded 11. The
person killed was identified as:
Karam Mahrous Dhahir, 24.
Gaza City, two people who were killed by Israeli airstrikes were brought
to Shifa Hospital, identified as:
Ibrahim al-Mash-harawi, 30 years
Ebtisam Al-Bakri, 38 years
Another member of the Al-Bakri family, an 8-year old child, was
killed earlier on Monday after an Israeli airstrike on the family home.
Ebtisam was critically wounded in the same attack and died of her
injuries several hours later.
Medical sources at Nassir Hospital,
in Khan Younis, report the arrival of the corpses of two people killed
by Israeli attacks in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. They were
Mahmoud Zaki Al-Laham, 25
Ahmad Abdel-Halim Mohammad Al-Astal, 26.
In addition, the Palestinian Ministry of Health reports the recovery
of 32 bodies from different parts of Gaza who were buried under the
rubble from Israeli bombings over the past several days.
takes the death toll of Palestinians killed since the Israeli invasion
began on July 8th to 1865 killed, with 9470
wounded, an estimated 30% of whom will
be crippled for life or face debilitating disabilities due to their
injuries, according to the Ministry of Health.
Remains Of Two Palestinians Found Under Rubble In Central
Tuesday August 05, 2014 13:12 by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC News
The Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza has reported that ongoing
search and rescue efforts under the rubble of bombarded homes in Gaza
have led, on Tuesday morning, to uncovering the remains of two
Palestinians in Central Gaza.
The Ministry said the slain
Palestinians were found in Juhr Ed-Deek area, east of the Central
District, as rescue teams, medics and volunteers started a wide search
campaign, under the rubble of bombarded homes and buildings, after the
72-hour ceasefire started.
It added that ambulance and rescue
teams managed to enter the eastern area of the Gaza Strip to search for
remains of slain Palestinians, explaining that the army has earlier
repeatedly targeted rescue crews.
Eyewitnesses said dozens of
Palestinians are missing, most believed to be dead and buried under
rubble of their homes, especially since rescue operations could not be
performed when Israeli tanks were present in the area, especially under
heavy Israeli bombardment.
Dr. Ashraf Al-Qodra, head of the
Public Relations Department at the Palestinian Ministry of Health in
Gaza, called on all media outlets to wait until the ministry releases
the official list containing the names of slain Palestinians, after
proper identification and notification.
Names of Palestinians Killed in the War on Gaza since 8 July
Tuesday August 05, 2014 18:16 by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC News
This list is constantly updated due to the ongoing Israeli assault on
Gaza since July 8th. The following 1457 names have been confirmed - the
actual death toll stands at approximately 1803.
We realize the number of slain Palestinians is higher
than this. The Ministry of Health has stated that a total of at least
1865 Palestinians have been killed. We
are still awaiting confirmation of some names. At least
9370 Palestinians have been injured.
Killed Tuesday, August 5
- Nida Raed 'Oleywa, 12, Gaza (Died Of Earlier Injuries)
Killed Monday, August 4
- Dia’ ed-Deen Mohammad al-Madhoun, 23, Gaza.
- Ahmad Banat, 22, Gaza.
- Hamada Khalil al-Qaaq, Beit Lahia.
- Ahmad Khaled al-Qaaq, Beit Lahia.
- Suleiman Mohammad Ma’rouf, Beit Lahia.
- Zaher al-Andah, Beit Lahia.
- Abdul-Nasser al-Ajjoury, Beit Lahia.
- Abdul-Hai Salama al-Qreinawi, 45, Gaza.
- Mohammad Sabri Atallah, 21, Gaza.
- Raghd Mas’oud, 7, Rafah.
- Daniel Abdullah Abu Mansour, 44, Jabalia (Northern Gaza)
- Abdul-Nasser Ajjouri, Jabalia. (Northern Gaza)
- Ashraf Mashal, 25, Rafah.
- Fadi Madhi, 23, Rafah.
- Aseel Mohammad al-Bakri, 8, (Shati’ Refugee camp) Northern Gaza.
- Saher Talal Abu Mohsen, 23, Rafah.
- Aseel Saleh Hussein Abu Mohsen, 18, Rafah.
- Ebtisam Hammad al-Mahmoum, 18, Rafah.
- Hiba Mustafa al-Mahmoum, 7, Rafah.
- Obada Mustafa al-Mahmoud, 3, Rafah.
- Abdullah Hussein Mousa Mubarak, 50, Northern Gaza.
- Mahmoud Zaki Lahham, 25, Khan Younis.
- Ahmad Abdul-Halim Mohammad al-Astal, 26, Khan Younis.
- Walid Darabiyyah, Northern Gaza.
- Amro Mohjez, Northern Gaza.
- Mohammad Saleh Shemaly, 60, Gaza.
- Mohammad Fawzi Bhar, 22, Gaza.
- Mohammad Hosni Sukkar, 20, Gaza.
- Mohammad Amjad Awida’, age 12, Rafah.
- Amal Amjad Awida’, age 5, Rafah.
- Karam Mahrous Dahir, 24, Rafah.
- Ibrahim al-Masharawi, 30, Gaza City.
- Ebtisam al-Bakri, 38, Gaza City.
- Mahmoud Zaki al-Laham, 25, Khan Younis.
- Ahmad Abdel-Halim Mohammad al-Astal, 26, Khan Younis.
- Fayez Ismail Abu Hamad, 34, Khan Younis.
- Saleh Ahmad al-Ghouti, 22, Rafah
Killed Sunday, August 3
- Fares Abu Jazar, 2, Rafah.
- Maria Abu Jazar, 2, (Twins) Rafah.
- Amani Abu Jazar, 23, Rafah.
- Issa Sha’er, Rafah.
- Saed Mahmoud al-Lahwani, Rafah.
- Hatem Abdul-Rahman Wahdan, 50, Jabalia.
- Seniora Wahdan, 27, Jabalia.
- Jamila Jamal Wahdan, Jabalia.
- Mohammad al-Hour, 30, Rafah.
- Nasrallah al-Masry, Rafah.
- Mohammad Ismael al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Wael Ismael al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Ismael Mohammad al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Ismael Wael al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Khadra Khaled al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Asma’ Ismael al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Malak Wael al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Mustafa Wael al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- Hanadi Ismael al-Ghoul, Rafah.
- ‘Atwa Suleiman Khattab, 64, Rafah.
- Remas ‘Atwa al-'Attar (Khattab), Rafah.
- Mohammad ‘Atwa Khattab, Rafah.
- Suleiman ‘Atwa Khattab, Rafah
- Nevin Suleiman Khattab, Rafah
- Amira Ahmad Khattab
- Rajab Abdul-Rahman Sharafi, 10, Jabalia
- Mahmoud Abdullah Sharafi, 26, Jabalia
- Najah Rajab Sharafi, 48, Jabalia
- Turkiyya Mahmoud ‘Okal, 60, Rafah
- Elham Mohammad Mahmoud ‘Okal, 34, Rafah
- Mahmoud As’ad Mohammad ‘Okal, 18, Rafah
- Mahmoud Mohammad Na’im ‘Okal, 10, Rafah
- 'Ahed Badran, Northern Gaza.
- Mohammad Abu Rajal, UN School, Rafah.
- Sami Abdullah Qishta', UN School, Rafah.
- Sami Ismael Abu Shaouf, UN School, Rafah.
- Ahmad Khaled Abu Harba', UN School, Rafah.
- Mohammad Mosa'ed Qishta', UN School, Rafah.
- Hazem Abdel-Baset Hilal, UN School, Rafah.
- Amr Tariq Abu al-Rous, UN School, Rafah.
- Ahmad Kamal al-Nahhal, UN School, Rafah.
- Yousef Akram Skafi, UN School, Rafah.
- Tareq Sa'id Abu al-Rous, UN School, Rafah.
- Abdul-Karim Najm, northern Gaza.
- Bilal Abdul-Karim Najm (son of Abdel-Karim) , northern Gaza.
- Ahmad AbdÚl-Karim Najm (son of Abdel-Karim) , northern Gaza.
- Raghd Najm, northern Gaza.
- Soha Najm, northern Gaza.
- Shimaa' Wael Qassim, northern Gaza.
- Rowan Ahmed Majdalawi, 7 years old, northern Gaza.
- Mohammad Ahmad Majdalawi, 6 years old, northern Gaza.
- Ras Hadi Majdalawi , northern Gaza.
- Mahmoud Abdel-Hadi Majdalawi , northern Gaza.
- Abdullah Majdalawi, northern Gaza.
- Khalil Mohammad Ramadan Abu Daba'a, 42, Rafah.
- Munir Abu Daba'a, Rafah.
- Qassim Mahmoud Qassim, 40, northern Gaza.
- Mohammad Sa'dy Ahmad, 37, northern Gaza.
- Ahmad Qassem, Beit Lahia.
- Qassem Qassem, Beit Lahia.
- Basil Walid at-Tala'a, 23, Nusseirat.
- Abdullah Soheil Abu Shawish, 24, Nusseirat.
This site contains copyrighted material the
use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright
owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance
understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic,
democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this
constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for
in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C.
Section 107, the material on this site is
distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information
for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of
your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the